One of the most important things in the healing journey is keeping the diet rich in nutrients, this also includes eating organ meats from pasture-raised animals. I’ve never been a fan of cooked liver, but I’ve always loved pate. Unfortunately, the traditional Polish baked pate contains bread crumbs, which is inadvisable in my diet. But… I haven’t given up and I have created my own, gluten-free version. We were eating it like there was no tomorrow! Super Yummy!!!
- 500 g chicken breast
- 500 g chicken liver
- 90 g bacon
- 200 g parsnip
- 200 g carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 fresh rosemary
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp all spices
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch pepper
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- Chop parsnip and carrot.
- In the pan bring water to the boil. Add rosemary, chicken breast, liver, parsnip and carrot.
- Cook for 20-30 minutes until veggies are soft and chicken done.
- Add bacon pieces to a frying pan and cook until crunchy.
- Remove from the pan and sauté onion on the remaining oil.
- Add garlic and liver. Cook for few minutes and allow to cool.
- Place all cooked and cooled ingredients into a food processor and mix together. Add eggs, spices and avocado oil, mix till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin with baking paper.
- Bake at 20-25 minutes in 200 °C.