I can easily say, sweet potato is the one of my favourite veggies. I use it so often in my kitchen. Not only for its delicious taste, but also because it is really healthy. Just imagine how happy I was, when my kitchen experiment, involving sweet potatoes, was successful. This time pancakes were my target. Result, simply marvellous! Cannot recommend enough 🙂Servings: 2
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato (from this recipe – link)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tblsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Baked cabbage (from this recipe – link)
- 1 avocado
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of fresh mint
- In the blender mix all ingredients for guacamole until smooth.
- Prepare the cabbage using this recipe.
- In the pan cook bacon until crisp.
- Blend all ingredients for pancakes until smooth.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from the pan (if you prefer you can use coconut oil for cooking).
- Add in a small amount of pancake mixture and heat until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Set it aside and repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Spoon baked cabbage and bacon on top of pancakes with a drizzle of guacamole.