Sweet potatoes are an amazing alternative for normal potatoes. Besides being an awesome source of carbohydrates and fiber, they are very nutritious. Did you know, that 100g of sweet potatoes satisfies your daily need of vitamin A? They also contain vitamin C, B5, B6, iron and manganese. And what’s best, they have amazing flavour. Today, I present you a recipe for a mashed sweet potatoes. Use them as a side dish, or an ingredient for further creations. It works awesome in savoury and sweet versions. However, if you want to add it to your deserts, cakes or smoothies, skip the salt when following the recipe 😉
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degree.
- Wash, brush or peel them if you want.
- Dry them thoroughly and cut into cubes.
- In the bawl mix sweet potato cubes, coconut oil and salt (if you want to add them into desserts, skip the salt).
- Place everything on to the baking tray with baking paper.
- Bake for 30-40 min.
- After removing them from the oven, let them cool for few minutes.
- Crush sweet potatoes with a masher/fork or use a blender to make a purée.