Usually most traditional jams contain sugar. However when you bite into a fresh fruit, do you feel you need to add any sweetener? Don’t you just like eating the fruit as it is? I do 🙂 That is why I decided to create my own version of sugar-free jam. In the recipe I used blueberries, but wild blueberries will work as well. You can use it to top porridges, scones, yoghurt and even cakes.
- 500 g frozen blueberries.
- Add blueberries to a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat till fruits start to release some of their juices.
- Using a spoon or fork mash blueberries up.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spoon into a clean glass jar and store in the fridge.