How about starting a day with a taste of chocolate? And maybe add a porridge there too? Why not! That was my goal when making this brekkie for my other half, who loves porridges. I’ve grabbed an orange in a process. Result – super yummy. Reaction of my other half – bowl emptied in no time and huge smile on his face when asking for more.Servings: 2
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 2/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- Zest from 1/2 orange
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup (you can use honey or maple syrup instead)
- Toppings: nuts, coconut flakes
- In a saucepan cook all ingredients over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Remember to stir the porridge from time to time to prevent burning.
- Transfer to the bowl.
- Top with your favourite nuts and coconut flakes.
Tried this and it is wonderful
Thanks! I’m glad you liked it 🙂