A good recipe for gluten-free pizza is literally priceless. To get one, which doesn’t taste like a cardboard, it’s a huge challenge. My version of pizza had to be prepared without yeast, sugar or gluten. To keep the right consistency I used eggs, almond meal and coconut flour. This pizza is quite different than the traditional one, however it’s not an issue for us, mainly because it is freaking yum!Servings: 4
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- pinch of salt
- 70 g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 100 g bacon
- Handful of rocket
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Grease a baking pan with coconut oil (I use the one for a tart).
- In a bowl mix all ingredients for the crust. Pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Using your hands spread the mixture, covering the whole surface evenly.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine all ingredients for the sauce.
- When the crust is ready, take it from the oven, add the sauce and toppings (except rocket).
- Place back in to the oven for 10 minutes.
- After it’s done, top the pizza with fresh rocket.