Homemade gummies are a great alternative to store-bought lollies which are packed full of sugar and artificial dyes. The main ingredient of healthy gummies is an underestimated gelatin. Did you know that it is actually a “superfood”? You can flavour this wonderful treat to your liking and only imagination is a limit. I do it all the time ; ) Usually I use nut milk and fruits. The recipe I have for you combines mango and coconut, resulting in quite unique flavour. Simply and tasty pleasure. Yum!
- 1 large mango
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey (you can use maple syrup or rice malt syrup instead)
- 8 tbsp gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Dissolve the gelatin in 1/2 cup of water. Let it sit for few minutes until it has become gel-like.
- Peel mango, then blend until smooth.
- Place it in the saucepan and heat, but don’t bring it to the boil.
- Remove from heat and add half of gelatin mixture and stir until it has completely dissolved.
- Pour into container or moulds and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Meantime in the saucepan heat the coconut milk and honey, but again don’t bring it to the boil.
- Remove from heat, add the rest of the bloomed gelatin and stir until it has dissolved.
- Once the mango layer is set enough pour the coconut mixture on top and place it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Peel out of moulds or cut into squares if using container.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week.