Spring is finally here in Australia and pumpkins are still in season, moreover they are available for a decent price. That’s awesome! I decided to take this opportunity and make some pumpkin puree, which I can later use for my kitchen experiments. This time it is a turn for pumpkin pancakes with beetroot and carrot salad. These three flavours combine sensationally. All these vitamins and minerals enclosed in one dish! Pancakes are gluten-free. Instead of wheat flour I’ve used almond flour and arrowroot (can be replaced with tapioca flour). Simply, deliciousness!Servings: 3
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (from roasted pumpkin)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup arrowroot or tapioca
- 1 cup almond meal
- pinch of salt
- coconut oil (for frying)
- 1 large beetroot
- 1 large carrot
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup parsley
- Blend well all ingredients for pancakes until everything is combined.
- Heat one teaspoon of coconut oil over a medium heat in a frying pan.
- Cook pancakes until both sides have turned golden brown and they are cooked all the way through (around 2 tablespoon of butter).
- Meanwhile wash, dry and peel beetroot and carrot.
- Cut into small cubes, then mix with lemon juice and chopped parsley.
- Serve pancakes with delish topping straight away.