Culinary experiences could be sometimes really tough, especially with gluten free flours. Even in my kitchen disasters happen from time to time. You can imagine my excitement when a recipe I am working on actually turns out great during the first attempt. Paleo brownie with raspberries is one of those awesome recipes. It was definitely love at first bite. I baked this cake many times and there was never a need to change anything to make it more perfect. I guess it’s official then, Paleo brownie with raspberries is the best experiment on the blog!
100 g dark chocolate (min. 85%)
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
90 g coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
90 g almond flour/almond meal
30 g cacao
1 tsp baking powder (for paleo version use ½ tsp of baking soda)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (or 350°F).
- Break chocolate and put into a heatproof bowl. Sit over a pan of simmering water and allow the chocolate to melt. Let it cool.
- In another bowl mix eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add cup of coconut oil and mix again.
- Add the rest of dry ingredients: baking powder, almond flour and cacao. Mix everything until well combined.
- Line baking pan (mine is 20 20,5 x 20,5 cm, 8 x 8 inch) with baking paper.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with raspberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.